Thursday, December 10, 2009

RV Hitch

Aloha all

Woke up very early this morning to take the truck to the RV center to install the 5th wheel hitch. The entire process took about two hours. They installed the Reese 15k Pro Series Adjustable hitch and a 7 pin wiring harness. I did not have to install a brake controller as thought because my Ford truck already has a brake controller, which I played with when I got the truck but had no idea what it was for other than for towing.

When I am towing the RV, and press the truck brake, the trailer brake also engages which slows down the trailer. I can also slide the switch and manually stop the trailer for various reasons. Some of those I still have to figure out. It cost about $1500 for the whole setup but now I can tow my 5th wheel.

See ya Greg, Duke, and Uncle Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment